Monday, February 14, 2011

Simple but lovely Valentine's Day

In line with my goals of becoming more earthy and enjoying the simple things, I was excited for a Valentine's Day at home.  I'm kind of a picky eater, so a majority of the time I don't even enjoy what I'm eating out anyway.  So I was happy to plan to have Chipolte at home with my hubby.  I LOVE Chipolte.  I also hardly ever eat out.  So it's fun and exciting to have something different. I decorated the table with this centerpiece!



The flower is the one Joshy had stuffed in his sock when he asked me to marry him ;).  The candle holders are all from our wedding.  There are little conversation hearts in all of the candle holders.

Here you can see the centerpieces with our wedding pictures behind!



Then I got a call from Joshy! He had decided on a possible secret surprise location for dinner! It was my choice, we could stick with the Chipolte or have secret dinner.  I opted for the secret dinner.  Joshy blind folded me and we drove there!



It turned out to be Famous Dave's! I am a Kansas girl, so it's kind of embarrassing that one of my favorite foods is Famous Dave's BBQ.  But I love it.  We had a very tasty dinner for two.  I have many leftovers to eat this week.




Then we decided to enjoy my centerpieces and Joshy would "make" me the brownie dessert we thought about having at Famous Dave's.  Here is Joshy's brownie delight.  It was pretty good.  It's amazing what you can do with some Little Debbie's, vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!