Friday, February 18, 2011

Reflections on Romance

When my husband and I started dating in September of 2005 my heart ached when I wasn't around him.  I remember the physical pain I felt when missing him.  I remember in January 2006 I was so sad to not get to see him for a few weeks over Christmas.  I came back to Lawrence a few days before I expected him to be back.  I was watching movies with a friend and her partner.  I had talked with Joshy several times that day.  Each time he mentioned that he was driving around to visit friends, but said he didn't have to go.  This all came together for me when someone rang the doorbell of my friend's apartment.  I was absolutely SHOCKED to see him standing there.  I was SOO thrilled to see him.  That was romantic. Now we have been married for just over a year and a half.  He is still romantic.  He left me flowers in my car on Valuntine's day.  I love him.  I actually do not miss that pain that I felt so poignantly when we were apart back then.  But it is nice to reflect on how it felt to fall in love with THE ONE.

The pictures of me in the silver shrug were of our first date!  We actually kissed in the rain after our date ;). I think it's so cute that there are rays of light in the pictures.  Sparks were flying!


From Aura Joon's blog.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!