Monday, August 8, 2011

The Village that we all miss.


I really love the blog Aura Joon.  She shares so much of herself in her pictures, videos, and well written pieces.  She recently was reconsidering why she spends so much time writing about life rather than living it.  She has a new baby, and I can totally understand where she's coming from....but I also had think we all just want to be connected.  Reading other people's blogs and creating our own may just be a way to cope with the fact we are not surrounded by a village of our family and friends anymore.  Some of us may be lucky enough to have family around...but our friends are scattered about as would not have been as normal in the past.

Do you think it is a waste of time to read others blogs and perhaps make your own?

Here is my comment to Aura:

I totally understand how you're feeling...that this space could be a waste of precious time with your family.  However, I think someday you will find that this blog is a wonderful biography of your life.  I actually wish someone would make your blog into a book...I would read it ;).

I think that the reading of other blogs...and writing our own blogs is more about the search for our own village.  Today I have many friends... unfortunately few live in my town.  It is harder to connect with them. So I make my blog...and read others to feel connected again.  I think inside many of us miss the connectedness of knowing our neighbors and everyone in a village caring about one another.

I know that family can be the village to raise a child...but someones one needs friends also ;).

Thanks so much for sharing what you have with the world.  I hope that you continue to do so...but I totally understand if you decide to focus more on living life rather than writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!