Wednesday, July 20, 2011

God is Real

I read this interesting blog post today.  The Last Post” by Derek Miller.  It was posted by a man who had passed away.  Obviously his family posted it for him.  I found it profoundly saddening because of his untimely death and his lack of faith.  Apparently his atheism was very important to him.  He talked about how wondrous and beautiful humanity and this world can be.  I found that so confusing.  How can you appreciate the intricate amazing things that our world and humans in general have to offer, without really considering how they were created?  I do realize and think that some evolution has happened over time.  I cannot argue with science and skeletons of early humans.  However, I do not think that humans evolved from mice.

I will pray for your soul Derek Miller.  I realize that you probably would not like me to, being an atheist and all.  But I know that your soul is somewhere, even if your body has died.  I will pray that your family can be strong and find their own faith along the way.  Even though I am catholic I do not think that any of the various Christian faiths can know that they 100% have it right.  I just know that Christ died so that we could be in heaven with him.  We obviously could not come into a perfect place and be with perfect beings without someone paying the price.  Thank you for doing that Jesus.  I'm sorry that some people refuse to acknowledge your sacrifice.

As much as I did find Derek Miller's last post very sad because he thinks his soul has gone to nothing now, I did not want to leave a comment.  I just am not a combative person.  I did not want to cause more pain to his family.  I hope they find their way to faith in a way that works for their heart.  Lord please help guide them to a knowledge of you and your wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!