Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Rat Race

Lately I have really been reconsidering things in my life.  I often think that my job is not busy enough and that I should move on.  I am wasting the few years before we have kids.  This is when I could be hustling and moving up the corporate ladder.  That is the rat race.  The pressure and competition is something that I yearn for.  I am not sure why.  We have so many expectations in our country to have a big house and nice cars.  Even my husband would love a huge house with lots of space.  


When we went to San Diego I was so jealous of my husband's conversations with his cousin about their work in the business world.  Neither can easily explain what they do.  I so yearn to be part of a large organization where the work is plentiful.  I am also quite a social person.  It is so contrary to my nature to be cooped up in a quiet office all day.  However, my job is very flexible.  The people I work with and for are fabulous.  They are so kind and are great teachers.  This would be the perfect place to work when I have kids.  If I can wait that long!  There is a huge ebb and flow of work here.  I am VERY busy sometimes and then VERY slow others.  I do get out to the courtroom for hearing at times.  I take depositions here and there.   I talk on the phone a few times a day.  If I can be patient that will happen more and more often as I gain experience as an attorney.


I just need to keep in mind the story of the fishermen from Aura Joon's blog.  You can read it below.  A life lived simply is more easily enjoyed.  




 


http://aurajoon.blogspot.com/2010/12/puerto-vallarta-mexico.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment if you would like!